Next week at this time the DisneyDayByDay family will be deep in our exploration of Disneyland. As part of our research on things to do and where to eat, I was interested in riding all the Disneyland classics that were open on day 1 and still open in their “original” condition today. I was surprised to find over a dozen that I have listed below.
- Casey Jr (was not working on day 1, but was supposed to be open)
- Disneyland Railroad
- Disneyland Street Railway ( horse drawn trolleys on Main Street USA)
- Explorer’s Boat Ride (Jungle Cruise)
- King Arthur Carousel
- Mad Tea Party
- Mark Twain River Boat
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures
- Canal Boats of the World (Late in 1955, now Storybook Land Canal Boats)
We can’t wait to set foot on the same ground that Walt walked on and wave to him as we pass the Firehouse. Disneyland opened to the public on July 17th, 1955 to a crowd of over 28,000. Amazing to see the smile on Walt’s face as he comes in on the train on dedication day.