You just spent thousands of dollars and traveled hundreds of miles to the happiest place on earth, so how about something for free? Yes, I said free, as in keep-your-wallet-in-your-back-pocket free. Welcome to Club Cool. I know what you are thinking…. Break out the member’s only jacket, here I come. But that isn’t what this club is about. In the middle of Epcot’s Future World you will find a club so cool that they give out free soda.
Club Cool, formally known as Ice Station Cool and sponsored by Coca-Cola, is located in Epcot’s Innovations Pavilion. Here you will find an assortment of Coca-Cola merchandise for sale along with free beverage stations where you can sample soda from around the world. Club Cool is easily missed as you rush through the park trying to get on Soarin and then onto the World Showcase for your trip around the globe. Be sure to mark it on your map and let us know what you think of the variety of beverages.
Here is a quick summary of some of the sodas you can try (Updated Nov 2013):
- Beverly (Italy): Bitter flavor, this drink is a popular non-alcoholic aperitif, or is it? Yes, you have to try it.
- Bibo(South Africa): A fruit flavored, non-carbonated juice drink from South Africa. More Juice than Soda.
- Fanta (Pineapple) (Greece): This pineapple version is from Greece and has a sweet flavor with no caffeine.
- Fanta (Melon Frosty)(Thailand): From Thailand and is the number one soda in that country.
- Guarana Kuat(Brazil): This soft drink is popular in Brazil and is flavored with the guarana berry.
- Inca Kola(Peru): This Peruvian soda is called “The Taste of Peru” and has a sweet, bubblegum-like flavor
- Sparberry(Zimbabwe): This raspberry cream flavored soda is from Zimbabwe and is served exclusively in several countries in southeast Africa.
- VegitaBeta(Japan): Non-carbonated beverage with the flavors of apricot and passion fruit. This is also rich in beta carotene, which gives the beverage a bright orange hue.
The list of previous flavors….
- Beverly (Italy) – Very, very bitter – supposed to stimulate your appetite, but the only thing it stimulated for me was my gag reflex. Oh, and it will also glow under ultraviolet light. Should we really be drinking this? Be sure you give this one a try, if you dare.
- Fanta Kolita (Costa Rica) – Sweet with a cherry flavor
- Kinley Lemon (Israel) – Similar to Sprite.
- Krest Ginger Ale (Mozambique) – One of the least surprising as it takes like… you guessed it, ginger ale.
- Lift Apple (Mexico) – If you like apple and you like soda then chances are you’ll like this one.
- Mezzo Mix (Germany) – This one is the closest flavor you’ll find to the original Coca-Cola, but with a hint of orange.
- Smart Watermelon (China) – Surprise, it has a watermelon flavor!
- VegitaBeta (Japan) – The name comes from the supplement of beta-carotene added to the soda, so it’s healthy for me right? Sure why not! You can think it’s healthy if it makes you feel better.