Attractions | Dining | Parades | Special Events | News
Welcome to the “Most Magical Place on Earth”. Opened in October of 1971 as Walt Disney Worlds first theme park, Magic Kingdom, is a place for all ages to enjoy. As Walt said, “Where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn together”
The Magic Kingdom is made up of six areas arranged in a pattern similar to a wheel with Cinderella’s Castle marking the middle (also known as the weenie). As you find your way to the end of Main Street, USA you will have your pick or paths leading to these areas:
- Main Street, USA – Takes you back to small town America in the early 1900’s. Notice as you walk down the street as the gas lamps change to electric. Enjoy the many shops and dining opportunities along the way and if you are in need of a haircut the barber shop is still operating today.
- Tomorrowland – A land devoted to the future.
- Fantasyland – A classic fairytale experience. Princesses, Knights, Pixie dust and more. The new Fantasyland area opened in 2012.
- Liberty Square – Themed after colonial America, in this land you can find the Liberty Bell along with one of our favorite attractions, Haunted Mansion. In true colonial style you will not find a restroom in this land, but many are close by.
- Frontierland – Welcome to the wild west and be sure to ride the “Wildest Ride in the Wilderness”
- Adventureland – Themed to remote jungles of Asia, Africa, or South America, Adventureland takes you through the jungle on a cruise, singing with Tiki birds, and through the middle of a pirate battle.
(check your times guides to verify the time during your stay)
- Festival of Fantasy Parade (will replace Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade in Spring 2014)
- Main Street Electrical Parade (9:00pm / 11:00pm when park is open late)
- Electrical Water Pageant (can be viewed on the Seven Seas Lagoon at 10:20 when the park is open late)
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (Sept 10 – Nov 1, 2013)
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (Nov 8 – Dec 20, 2013)